Convenience- Filing is open for 24*7.
Court Fees can also be paid from the comfort of one’s office/party’s home using credit card/ internet banking.
Immediate Access– An e-filing system which is properly designed to provide online access to files will permit attorneys representing parties to have immediate access to the filings as soon as they are up on site.
No more waiting for two or three days for a copy of the brief to come in mail.
PROCESS & STEPS FOR E-FILING
1. The “E-FILING” portal is now available on the top-most tabs on the Supreme Court’s website and can be accessed through the following link “https://main.sci.gov.in/efiling”. The portal also has e-filing Manual, instructions/guidelines, for Special Leave Petition and Writ Petitions etc.
2. The matters in the Supreme Court of India can only be filed by an Advocate-On-Record of the Supreme Court of India, with an exception for the filing by the petitioner-in-person. Even on the e-filing portal only these two sections can file the case online using the service.
3. The first-time users of E-filing have to register themselves through the “New Registration” option (https://main.sci.gov.in/efiling-registration) provided on the portal and to do the same the e-filing manual (https://main.sci.gov.in/php/FAQ/5_624699152643 4439183.pdf) may be referred as it provides a step-by-step process for registration. The registered users may directly Login in the portal and proceed with the filing.
4. Once the registration on the E-filing Portal is complete and the Login-Id and password has been retrieved by the user, then the following steps are required:
- a. Filing
- b. Lower Court.
- c. Indexing
- d. Additional Party and Additional Advocate
- e. Subject Category
- f. Limitation
- g. Generate ID.
a) Report b) History c) Cases
The following Step-by-Step Procedure may be followed for filing of a new case on the E-filing Portal: -
Step 1: Click on New E-filing- Fill the details and save it
- Step-2: Enter Lower Court details
- Step 2.1: Click on Complete button.
- Step 3: Indexing- Fill all the details and upload PDF with correct indexing and click on complete button.
- Step 4: Additional Party and Additional Advocate details- In this enter all Parties / Advocate name in respective column. After completion process id. will be generated.
- Step 5: Subject Category Select Subject Category of the case and Submit it.
- Step 6: Generate Id: Click on Generate and complete. Thereafter, Click on Ok Button.
- Step7: User will get Provisional Application No. User can use this Provisional Application No. for future reference.
The user may also explore the “Report” option for the following purposes: -
REPORT No. 01: User Can take the print of the case filed by him. By Feeding the Provisional Application No. in the screen.
REPORT No. 02: History- Use of this report –User can get information regarding all the matters filed by him through only E-filing Mode in this report.
REPORT No. 03: Cases- User will be able to see Pending/Disposed matter.
Note: Hope the above information is useful. For any query feel free to contact us.
By Shiv Mangal Sharma
Advocate Supreme Court